Twenty years ago a company’s advertising strategies were based entirely on print, radio, and television ads, with the hope that word of mouth would help instead of hurt. Today, however, social media is an inseparable element of marketing and brand recognition. The technological tools available are simply mind blowing, and the potential to steer your business to success with the help of social media is at your fingertips. But if you’re not already a social media marketing wizard it can seem overwhelming to even know where to begin. Here are your basics for getting started with your business’ social media journey.
- Social media isn’t just one website. It comprises sites like Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, Google Plus, and Linked In. You need to establish a profile on each site and build a following in order to present your business to the cyber world.
- Facebook is the most important. Billions of people – literally!- use Facebook every day, so the potential is unlimited for connecting with fans, engaging them in your content, and creating buzz to drive sales.
- Your specific type of business will determine to what other forms of social media you should devote the most attention. If the main target audience for your business is senior citizens, Twitter probably won’t get you very far. On the other hand, if your business is very visual-based, Pinterest will gain you a great deal of attention.
- Social media comes with a mind boggling amount of statistics and results reports for you to analyze. This quantitative information can help you identify gaps in your market and strengths in your marketing approaches.
When in doubt, hire a company that understands social media marketing inside and out. You can have a team working with you and for you to bring your business to the next level using the magic of social media.
- Three Components Every Medical Website Needs - December 3, 2021
- It’s Never Too Early to Prepare Holiday Marketing - November 23, 2021
- Pinterest Marketing: Love It or Leave It? - November 11, 2021